Ramadan is a time for observance. But it’s also a time for connecting with friends, loved ones and the wider community.
Ramadan on Facebook Facts and Figures:
- 233M people on Facebook every Month in the Middle East & Africa.
- 86% of people on Facebook in the Middle East celebrate Ramadan.
- In 2016; 5% increase in use Facebook platform in the Middle East.
- 57.6 million hours incremental time spent per day in the Middle East multiplied by 30 days of Ramadan in 2016. Which gives brands an extra hours to capture attention in the Middle East.
Best Shopping Time:
- A lot of this extra usage is happening at night, with the largest relative increase in time spent at 3 AM which is the Suhoor time & night time become shopping time.
- Although shopping continues to happen throughout the day, but Ramadan shopping pattern is different that the normal shopping pattern, with the most significant hikes occurs within early to ate night.